Projects & Events
GA completed the 2020 Total Facilities Cost Study, sponsored by Juniper Networks, comparing annual CRE&WS (Corporate Real Estate and Workplace Services) expenses. This comprehensive study has compared total costs among Silicon Valley firms since 2007, with impartial, high-level results for self-assessment, executive reporting, and follow-up analysis. This study group was outstanding, drawing on similar firms, facilities, and challenges.
Spending totaled $2.6B, and capital $377M. Our thanks to all of the project participants, which included:
- Firms Providing Data:
- Palo Alto Networks
- Juniper Networks
- Dolby Labs
Opportunities for 2020 Project Participants
- Customized reports, financial terms, cost-trends, gap analysis, new peer groups, et al.
- Group, company, or one-on-one teleconferences, with ID exchange and mutual NDA
- Post-project "drill-down" into key areas, e.g., Utilities & Energy, Covid-19 Issues, etc.
Feel free to contact us for more information on these opportunities.
Opportunities for All Firms 2021 & 2022
- Returning To Work (RTW): Planning, Scheduling, Phasing, Employee Options
- Realigning Space: Changing RSF, Utilization, Occupancy, Design, etc.
- "Flexible Places": Hoteling, Hot-Desk, Free-Address, Telecommuting, etc.
- "Healthy Spaces": Sanitizing, Entry Protocols, Distancing, Signage, Contact Tracing, etc.
For more information on projects and events, contact Guerin Associates via the contact page.
Michael F. Guerin
AIA, PE, CEM, CFM, LEED®GA, GGP
Michael Guerin is president of Guerin Associates, Inc. (“GA”), a management consulting firm specializing in real estate and facilities management.
Before forming GA, Mike spent ten years in corporate facilities at Nabisco Brands, where he was responsible for design & construction, space planning, CAD/CAFM, and relocation projects.
He also has two years’ public sector experience with NJ’s Division of Building and Construction and ten years’ previous experience as an architect in the private sector.
Mike Guerin is a creative, competent professional with extensive experience in facility design, construction, operations, and management. He is a capable leader with strong analytical abilities and keeps the big picture in focus, balancing personal skills with technical abilities.
He consistently demonstrates quality, integrity, and good judgment. This has produced a successful track record with diverse clients and projects, ranging from building design and construction through facility operations analysis, business process improvement, and strategic outsourcing of services.
Founded in 1996, GA has worked with leading firms in industries including:
- Hardware & Software Tech, Storage, Security, Search, Social
- Financial Services, Insurance, Consumer Products, Foods
- Chemicals, Petrochemicals, Automotive, Aeronautics
- Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals
Mike is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania cum laude and Princeton University.
Licenses & Certifications
- Registered Architect, Member, American Institute of Architects
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- Certified Energy Manager, Member, Association of Energy Engineers
- Certified Facility Manager
- Member, Corporate Real Estate Network (“CoreNet” Global, NJ & Northern CA)
- Member, International Facilities Management Association (“IFMA” National, NJ and Silicon Valley)
- LEED® Green Associate, US Green Building Council
- Green Globes Professional, Green Building Institute
Mike is a frequent presenter at a variety of industry events and national conferences:
- IDRC’s (CoreNet) World Congress
- IFMA’s World Workplace
- IFMA’s Facilities Fusion
- IFMA & CoreNet Chapter Events
- Tradeline Conferences
- Society of Military Engineers
- MidAtlantic Buildings & FM Conferences