“HOME OF THE ENTERPRISE / MODEL OF VALUE”
Adopting these or similar terms as Vision & Mission Statements for your CREWS department is a first step in improving or even restructuring your organization.
More important than the words chosen are the firm commitments made to improve performance and/or reduce costs. Successful goals share some important characteristics. They should be S-M-A-R-T:
• Specific – Free of ambiguity or confusing terms
• Measurable – Based on impartial, available data
• Achievable – Realistic rather than idealistic
• Relevant – Related to company & group goals
• Time-Based – Not open-ended or evolving
We use a “Prismetrix” model illustrating Service Types (Hard and Soft), and a Hierarchy of Real Estate, Workplace, Value-Add, and Core FM Services.
We follow this overview with a comprehensive model of costs for each of these services, and an integrated overview with Total Costs per SF and per Occupant.
The superstructure of this model is the Guerin Prism, which illustrates key relationships in the design, furnishings, and occupancy patterns of the facilities.